Monday 8 June 2009

Wine Yes or No?

Well i thought i am okay to drink wine since last time i thought i have wine-allergy and who knows...

I went to El Bulli Spanish Restaurant with Kath and Sandra. I had 2-3 glasses of Sangria (Spanish wine) yesterday then developed red allergy patches on different parts of my body as well as stuffy nose and a bit shortness of breath. Hmm I guess it must be something about the wine. I think i may only react to wines that have the higher level of sulfites (sometimes i am alright when i drink wines).

Today i slept till very late until i was conscious because yesterday i didn't have a good night sleep at all. As the topic rightly suggested -> wine YES or NO ? Things to ponder....

6 comments:

E said...

Hehehe... So God sent me to you as I can drink all the wines for you!

Dorcas said...

i think you're allergy to red wine. Like me, that's why i only drink white wines, or rose. A strong red like those in the Shangria will make you very uncomfortable.

Chai Lim Grace said...

u too?but last time i drink red wine i am alright. Do u think it is possible, as michael said i allergy to the wooden container which they used to store wine?

Chai Lim Grace said...

E!!let me clarify this first. otherwise i wont let u have all the wine!WIN!!!

Dorcas said...

if you are OK drinking red wine like merlot, shirraz, then you should be able to drink shangria. I can't because i felt quite uncomfortable after drinking red wine because of the sulfur. I can drink white and enjoyed it. no promblem with rose though. so i'm not sure about you.
and how much you drink matter too.

Unknown said...

Never tried shangria, only tried shiraz, cabernet sauvignon or merlot... going to try one next time.

Must say hello!

Can't believe my last post was 5 years ago! 5 years, so many things has changed,  a lot of things has happened and so much to share! I r...